I saw this pattern on Pinterest quite a while ago, so when I found out that a friend of mine is having a baby boy, I decided to give it a bash.
These booties were very simple to make, especially with the help of the step-by-step tutorial by the Purl bee. Here’s what you’ll need to make these cutie-pie felt booties.
- Felt (I bought mine from Merrypak)
- Thread (I used embroidery cotton, similar to DMC)
- Sharp scissors
- Needle & pins
- Small amount of elastic
- Ribbon (optional, also from Merrypak)
- Buttons or other embelishments (optional, star buttons from Merrypak)
- Printed template from the Purl Bee
Everything was pretty straight forward, the main fiddly part was sewing on the elastic on the inside so that they don’t slip off. This pattern makes a pair of booties big enough for a 3-month old, but you could scale up the pattern to make a larger pair.
I’m also thinking of making a girly white and pink pair, I’ll post pics when they are done.