So, I promised you a Happypotamus update, and here it is:
It doesn’t look like too much at the moment, but trust me, it’s the start of a Happypotamus bum.
I chose my current favourite acrylic wool, Elle Pure Gold in 4 ply for my hippo. I didn’t find any nice bright colours that I liked, so I opted to go the pastel route.
The flower motifs are pretty quick and easy (especially if you’ve done granny squares or something similar before). I’m not brave enough to try the join-as-you-go method, so I’m sewing them together as I finish each flower.
For more information about the Happypotamus, and a link to the pattern, see my original post here.