I’ve been really confused by winter in Cape Town this year. We had some really miserable and freezing days, but they’ve also been interspersed with warm, balmy days where I’ve been tempted to wear short sleeves! I don’t think that we’re through the worst of it, so a part of me is bracing myself for more of those “typical” Cape Town winter days – grey, cold, windy and wet. Although winter can be pretty unpleasant, I do enjoy some of the comforts that it brings. Hot chocolate, yummy soup, open fires, snuggling under a blanket, and cosy jerseys. To help us bear it all, I’ve put together my own little “winter survival kit” with products from my favourite South African stores. I hope they inspire you to snuggle up!
Dee’s Winter Survival Kit
- Country Road merino and cashmere gloves from Woolworths.
- Fluffy towels from Mr Price Home.
- Witchery oversized knit scarf from Woolworths.
- Aloe and avocado body butter from Rain Africa.
- Cashmere and wool jacket from Country Road at Woolworths.
- Pom pom beanie from Woolworths.
- Bio-ethanol fireplace from Entrepo.
- Knit boot slippers from Woolworths.
- Hunter boots from Zando.
- Faux fur throw from Mr Price Home.
- Kalahari Melon & Honeybush Body Polish from Rain Africa.