A while back I teamed up with the lovely T’Neal from Cotton Candi to create a few fun and easy washi tape projects. People often say that they’re not creative or artistic, but the reality is that many craft projects don’t require too much effort or artistry. So we set out to design some quick projects that can be whipped up in a short amount of time, which I’ll be sharing over the next couple of weeks. I hope you’re inspired to give them a try!
Today I’ll be sharing how to make some fun washi tape heart art.
What you’ll need:
· Mounted artist’s canvas (available at art or craft shops)
· Plain sheet of paper/card
· Craft knife
1. Cut out the heart template (or make you own template), and stick to the back of the canvas with prestick.
2. Trace around the outside of the template with a pen or pencil.
3. Use a craft knife to cut out the heart shape.
4. On another plain piece of paper or card, use strips of washi tape to create your desired pattern. Cut the sheet of paper so that it’s slightly bigger than the inner edge of the wooden frame of the canvas.
5. Use strips of washi tape to stick the sheet of paper to the back of the canvas frame.
6. Turn the canvas over and admire your handiwork!
7. When you get tired of the design, just decorate a new sheet of paper.
Disclosure code: 1