As a new homeowner, I have a new-found appreciation for events like the Homemakers Expo. It can be so overwhelming to find appropriate service providers and stockists, and there are only so many hours in a weekend that can be spent trailing around shops to find the perfect bathroom tile! The Homemakers Expo is literally a one-stop-shop for everything from home improvement, to décor, design and lifestyle. This year the expo is celebrating its 20th birthday, and it promises to be better than ever.
Show Dates: 27 – 30 August 2015
Show Times: Thursday – Saturday, 10:00 – 20:00; Sunday, 10:00 -18:00
Visitor Entry: Adults R70 | Pensioners R50 | Children under 12 free
Tickets available from Webtickets and at the door.
Here are some of the highlights to look forward to:
- The Kitchen Specialist Association (KSA) showcases traditional, contemporary & eclectic kitchen design & layouts – including cabinets, countertops & appliances.
- inVOGUE offers the Cape’s most on trend and in vogue stylish interiors and tres chic accessories.
- Hang out at d’VINE life and sample local gourmet delicacies and some of the Cape’s best boutique wines.
- Browse a collection of handmade functional and decorative homeware by South Africa’s leading craft entrepreneurs at anARTISANaffair.
- The 2015 Design Project will once again headline our innovative and original local design talent.
- This season, give your home an outdoor makeover at alfresco living. Create your ideal patio & garden living space – from inspirational alfresco dining, furniture & décor to water features, fire pits & lighting.
I’m particularly looking forward to the kitchen and DIY Workshops, presented by tuis | home magazines. There are four different workshops to choose from:
- Make your own server
- Make, paint and frame a mirror with embellishments
- Make a herb planter and decorate it with a paint stencil technique
- Make a storage box on castors, and decorate it with a paint stencil technique.
I’m also giving away 10 double tickets to attend the expo! (workshops excluded). To enter, simply complete the Rafflecopter form below. Winners will be announced on the 21st of August. Good luck!
Image credit: Expressions Photography.